Baking soda for Cancer
It is interesting to see that over the past 30 years not much has changed in the area of cancer treatment. Two weeks ago I found out that a relative was diagnosed with cancer. What did his physician recommend as treatment? Well, surprisingly he was only presented with two options, chemotherapy or radiation. These are the same two treatment options offered 30 years ago! Why have no advancements been made?
Unfortunately, the cancer industry is not quite what they advertise. Even though they may say they are hoping to find a cure, it seems they are after “wealth” and not improving your “health” (source).
Conventional treatments of cancer cost approximately $300,000 per person. Research for alternative and natural treatments is often not funded as it cannot be patented. The research is extremely expensive and companies do not want to get involved when there is no profitability.
Last night, I watched the movie “Cut, Burn, Poison”, an excellent documentary detailing the truth about the cancer industry. One women’s story was featured in the film and she discussed the natural treatment she was pursuing. Her treatment included a combination of sodium bicarbonate and the vitamin, B17.
Sodium bicarbonate, sounds like a chemical treatment, doesn’t it?! Actually, it’s just baking soda! The same baking soda you use to cook and clean with.
Baking Soda and Cancer
Baking Soda (sodium bicarbonate) is a naturally occurring substance that was discovered in 1840. Baking soda has been used as a natural treatment for many years to treat colds, the flu, and many other diseases.
Studies have shown evidence of baking soda being used effectively for the treatment of cancer. However, baking soda is typically used in combination with several other recommendations.
There are also variations of recommendations on the use of baking soda for cancer, such as it being administered by mouth or intravenously.
One recent study published in the Cancer Research journal, found that sodium bicarbonate increased pH in tumors and reduced cancer metastasis (source).
Theories for Using Baking Soda for Cancer:
Baking soda has been considered for its effectiveness in cancer prevention and treatment due to several theories.
1. Fungus- An Italian physician, Dr. Tullio Simoncini, found that individuals with cancer presented with a high amount of candida (yeast overgrowth). As a result of his findings, he suggests that cancer is a type of fungus. Dr. Simoncini recommends using baking soda for cancer as he found through experimentation that baking soda acts as an anti-fungal and neutralizes the acidity. When baking soda is consumed, it alkalizes the body by increasing pH, which allows it to oxygenate the fungi and fight the yeast overgrowth. Dr. Simoncini experimented with injecting sodium bicarbonate into cancerous tumors with much success. Many testimonials have supported Dr. Simoncini’s treatments, however, he has also been highly criticized for them.
* Coexistence of candida (yeast overgrowth) in individuals with cancer.
Below are the percentages in various studies.
- Findings by R.L. Hopfer: 79%
- Findings by U. Kaben: 80%
- Findings by W. T. Hughes: 91 %
- Findings by T.E. Kiehn: 97%
2. Alkalizing – Cancer cells thrive in an acidic environment and cannot survive in an alkaline state. The Nobel Prize winner, Dr. Otto Warburg came to this conclusion in 1931, when he stated that cancer cells cannot survive where there are high levels of oxygen. Alkalizing the body involves increasing the body’s pH level and when the blood is alkalized, the body’s oxygen level increases. Baking soda is highly alkalizing, as are many other foods such as green leafy vegetables, lemons, and garlic.
3. Absorption of Heavy Metals & Dioxins – Another hypothesis as to why baking soda has been shown beneficial is due to its ability to absorb and remove heavy metals, dioxins, and furans from the body. Cancerous tissue has been found to contain high concentrations of toxic chemicals and pesticides. Baking soda is able to absorb the chemicals and help remove them from the body.
How to Use Baking Soda for Cancer:
The amount and frequency of use may vary depending on your physician and whether it is being used for the prevention or treatment of cancer.
Bicarbonate of soda can be injected intravenously, intra-arterially, given as a solution directly through the trachea, or taken orally, by adding it to a glass of water.
When taken orally, it is recommended to be used short term for 2 to 4 weeks, starting out with a higher amount and then decreasing, similar, to recommendations for using it to treat the flu.
Some take the baking soda in combination with maple syrup, as the sugar acts as bait and allows the mixture to go straight to the site of the tumor (source).
Over time, baking soda can deplete the body of essential vitamins and minerals, particularly, B vitamins.
Does Using Baking Soda for Cancer Work?
Unfortunately, there is not enough information for a definitive answer, the jury is still out on this one.
Some without a doubt support it as the safest and most effective cancer treatment option (source). Others refute it as a possible treatment option.
Many physicians who discover possible cheap and/or natural cures are not supported by the medical establishment as they do not recommend toxic pharmaceutical treatments.
The good news is that last year Dr. Mark Pagel, from the University of Arizona Cancer Center, received a 2 million dollar grant to study the effectiveness on the use of oral baking soda for the treatment of breast cancer.