Brownies were always my favorite treat when I was a child, but when I went gluten free five years ago, I gave them up! At the same time, I stopped eating processed foods, so this made it even harder for me to find a great tasting gluten free brownie. But guess what? This recipe makes a great tasting brownie with healthy ingredients! These paleo brownies with coconut flour and raw cacao powder are the greatest, they take me back to my childhood!
These paleo brownies would be a perfect treat for any holiday party! They taste like a brownie/chocolate cupcake and everyone who has tasted them doesn’t believe they are gluten free!
You know, how with some coconut flour recipes, the coconut flour dominates the taste? Not with these though, it must be the delicious chocolate made from cacao powder! It makes these paleo brownies taste exactly like a regular brownie made with conventional flour. Seriously!
One great thing about these paleo brownies is that they are sweetened with raw honey! Sweetening with raw honey is so much better than using sugar. Sugar is empty in nutritional value and lacking in vitamins and minerals. Honey, on the other hand, has vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and flavonoids that fight free radicals! It is a great natural sweetener! Also, if you are restricting your sugar, you can decrease the amount of honey and I’m sure these brownies will still taste great!
These paleo brownies make a great treat! I love bringing one for a snack on the go.
Try them, I’m sure you’ll agree, they are so…yummy, soft, moist, and melt in your mouth!!!
Recipe for Paleo Brownies
- 1/2 cup coconut flour (see it here)
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder (see it here)
- 1/2 cup raw honey (see it here)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (melted) (see it here)
- 5 Eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1. Combine all dry ingredients in a dish and mix well.
2. Combine all wet ingredients in separate dish, mix well.
3. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, while stirring.
4. Grease a 8×8 baking pan or place parchment paper on the bottom of the dish.
5. Pour batter into baking pan and smooth out the batter with a knife.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
*Let cool before slicing.