Some people can’t get enough magnesium and see a huge difference in how they feel when they increase their magnesium level transdermally. I’m one of those people who just can’t get enough and have found a world of difference adding magnesium soaks to my routine! I do take a magnesium supplement; however, many studies have found that the body does not readily absorb the magnesium from supplements very well and only a small portion is absorbed into your system. I also like to increase magnesium through taking either an Epsom salt bath or adding magnesium flakes to my bath. I do Epsom salt foot soaks too. The baths and foot soaks work fantastic! But, I often don’t have time to do them daily or sometimes go a full week without doing either.
So, I wanted to figure out how to make magnesium spray that I could easily just spritz on my skin throughout the day and especially before bed to increase my magnesium when I don’t have time to take a bath.
A magnesium spray is very easy to make! All you need is magnesium flakes, or Epsom salt would work too, with water. All you need to use is a spray bottle.
Benefits of Magnesium
You want to make sure you’re getting enough magnesium because it helps:
- Keep heart in rhythm
- Improves sleep
- Prevents heart disease and osteoporosis
- Helps build bones and aids in nerve function
- Essential for energy production
- Improves skin conditions, including acne and eczema
- Reduce headaches and muscle pain and cramps
- Treats restless leg syndrome
- Reduces anxiety and helps depression
Why Make a Magnesium Spray?
A magnesium spray is super easy to use and you can keep the spray bottle on your bathroom counter and spray it on your skin anytime throughout the day.
It’s an easy way to increase your magnesium every day.
How to Make Magnesium Spray:
What You Need:
1. Add the magnesium flakes and warm water to a bowl. Let it sit for about 5 minutes or until the magnesium flakes are dissolved in the water.
2. Pour the mixture into the spray bottle.
3. Lightly shake and spray it on your skin.
How to Apply the Magnesium Spray
Just spray it on your arms, legs, chest, and stomach. The more areas you spray it on, the more you’ll absorb.
Sometimes it is easiest to spray it on right after you get out of the shower.
How Often Should You Use the Magnesium Spray?
I usually spray it on once in the morning and once at night about 1 hour before I go to bed. You can apply it as often as you would like to get optimal absorption.