This afternoon, I put these paleo pumpkin muffins out for my family on the dining room table and when I turned around, they disappeared!
I’ve been searching for a great recipe for paleo pumpkin muffins for a long time. I made a few recipes that sounded good; however, the few that I tried didn’t seem to have that delicious pumpkin taste.
Also, one of the problems that I had with many of the recipes was that they used a combination of both almond flour and coconut flour. Some of the people in my family are allergic to almonds, so I couldn’t use any of those.
After searching more recipes for paleo pumpkin muffins, I stumbled across one that sounded good, but when I first made it, the inside turned out like pumpkin pudding. To work with the recipe, I added more flour and changed a few other ingredients. With these changes, the muffins came out with the perfect taste and consistency!
- 1/2 cup coconut flour (see it here)
- 1 cup canned pumpkin (see it here)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted) (see it here)
- 1/4 cup raw honey (see it here)
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice (see it here)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar (see it here)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
If you don’t have a muffin pan (I don’t either), you can use these great muffin baking cups: see them here.
They’re great because they are unbleached and chlorine free!
1. Combine the coconut flour, pumpkin pie spice, and sea salt all in a large bowl and stir the ingredients.
2. In a separate bowl, combine the canned pumpkin, melted coconut oil, raw honey, eggs, and stir well.
3. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the bowl of wet ingredients and mix well.
4. Add the apple cider vinegar and baking soda to the mixture and stir. (these help the muffins rise and be nice and fluffy)
5. Use a spoon to scoop the batter into muffin baking cups (I used these) or a muffin pan.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.
Hint: when you first take them out of the oven, let them sit for 15 minutes before eating.
I hope you enjoy these Paleo pumpkin muffins!
By Lori Klein Medical and Site Disclaimer: The content of this website is provided for general informational purposes only and is not intended as, nor should it be considered a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or a qualified health care provider regarding a medical condition. By using this website, you assume full responsibility and liability for your own actions. ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this site. These small earnings help to cover some of the costs for this site.