It’s getting to that time of year to start preventing the flu and getting a cold. During the fall and winter seasons the risk of getting the flu increases dramatically.
Although all of these tips to all naturally boost your immune system and prevent the flu are beneficial for overall health all year long, it is even more important to focus on all of these measures to prevent the flu and coming down with any illnesses during the fall and winter seasons.
To prevent the flu and getting colds the key is to boost your immune system so that it can function optimally.
All of these tips boost your immune system and allow your body to better ward of any invaders.
10 Ways to All Naturally Boost Your Immune System and Prevent the Flu this year are:
1. Get Adequate Sleep– Make sure to get a full night sleep every night. Getting from 8 to 10 hours of sleep a night is very important. A lack of sleep significantly compromises the immune system. Sleep is crucial to ward of infection and fight bacterial invaders.
2. Exercise- Exercise for at least 30 minutes a day to boost your immune system. Exercise moves the white blood cells and antibodies throughout the body at an increased rate. This increased rate of movement and circulation allows the immune system to more accurately and sooner detect invading bacteria and illnesses. Exercise has also been proven to lower stress and the release of the stress-hormone.
3. Eat Raw Garlic– Garlic has potent antibacterial, antiviral, and anti-fungal properties. Garlic actively prevents infection. Eat at least one to two cloves of raw garlic daily. You can incorporate the garlic into your meals (remember to eat them raw though) or cut the cloves into smaller pieces and swallow them with a drink of water.
4. Take a Vitamin D Supplement– Vitamin D boosts your immune system and lowers your risk of cancers and diseases. As the weather gets colder, many have a decrease in their amount of vitamin D as they are no longer receiving it through the sun.
5. Lower Your Stress Levels– Stress weakens the immune system and makes it difficult for your body to fight off infection. Try to increase relaxation techniques and or avoid stressful situations if possible.
6. Do NOT get the flu vaccine– Flu vaccines are filled with toxic ingredients which are known carcinogens, heavy metals and contain chemicals such as anti-freeze. Flu vaccines contain mercury, aluminum, and formaldehyde, to name a few of the toxic chemicals. Flu shots only Weaken your immune system and increase your risk of illnesses and diseases. According to the former chief vaccine control officer from the FDA, Dr. J Anthony Morris there is no evidence that any influenza vaccine effectively prevents influenza.
7. Increase Vitamin C– Vitamin C, one of the most known common immune enhancers, increases the white blood cells and antibodies in our bodies which defend against infection.
8. Increase Omega 3 Consumption– Omega 3’s promote blood flow and circulation. They also have anti-inflammatory properties which aid in boosting the immune system.
9. Drink Green Tea– Green tea boosts your immune system. It contains interferon which is known for its antiviral properties and has a high amount of antioxidants.
10. Diet– Make sure you stick to a healthy diet in order to keep your immune system functioning optimally. Do this by removing all processed foods and only eating real whole foods. Increase your amount of fruits and vegetables (eat at least some of them raw). Get adequate protein and good fats such as avocado.