Thank the bees for this healthful and beautifying face mask! I started using honey as a face mask a few years ago as a way to help my acne, but I’ve found the mask also has many other benefits. A honey face mask can be used to treat many skin conditions or just to improve how soft and moisturized your skin is. I like the fact that I don’t have to worry about using chemical beauty products or expose my skin to toxic ingredients. This honey face mask can be used in place of chemical beauty products and you will get even better results!
Why a Honey Face Mask is Good for Your Skin:
Honey contains many healing properties; it has been used for centuries, ancient Egyptians used it for healing wounds. Not only, is it healthy to consume, but you can take advantage of honey’s great properties by applying it to your skin. Honey is naturally soothing and helps to tone your skin. It contains antioxidants and nutrients that get absorbed into your skin helping keep your skin look younger and fresher.
Honey contains the following B vitamins; B1, B2, B6 ,B3 which protect from damaging free radicals, help new skin form cells, and contains anti-inflammatory properties. It also is a good source of vitamin C, which is healing and helps treat dry skin and rashes. Zinc is another great nutrient, which in addition to the polyphenols in honey, help prevent wrinkles and fight damaging free radicals.
4 Skin Conditions Honey Face Masks Help With:
1. Acne- The antibacterial and antimicrobial properties of honey naturally help fight acne. This face mask helps get rid of breakouts and prevent future ones. It is also very gentle and will help reduce redness.
2. Wrinkles- Honey is soothing and moisturizing. When you keep your skin hydrated and moisturized this not only helps prevent future wrinkles, but also helps to minimize the appearance of wrinkles.
3. Dry Skin- Honey is very moisturizing. If you use this mask at least once a week to a few times a week, it should significantly reduce any dryness. This honey face mask is especially beneficial this time of year when our skin is drier. When I use it a few times a week, it eliminates the need to moisturize as much, but I still use coconut oil as a moisturizer, too.
4. Scars (acne or dark marks)- When you use this honey face mask, it will help even your skin tone and minimize the appearance of scars and dark spots.
What Kind of Honey to Use
It is best to use raw unprocessed honey. Most store bought honey is highly processed and contains little to no nutrients due to the heating process. One great kind of raw honey is Manuka honey. It has been found to contain more antimicrobial and antibacterial properties than all other kinds of honey.
How to Make a Honey Face Mask:
-1 teaspoon of Raw Honey (see it here)
The mask is beneficial with just using pure honey, but you can add other ingredients to your liking. Some people like to mix in the following ingredients: avocado, aloe, lemon juice, egg white, olive oil, coconut oil, or yogurt. I’ve added lemon juice before and it can help to brighten skin because lemon is a skin lightener.
1. Apply to skin and leave on for 10 to 15 min. Some prefer to leave it on longer, up to an hour.
2. To remove the honey face mask, apply a little coconut oil on top and massage it in. This will help the honey to come off easier and aid in moisturizing. Then rinse off with cool water.
Your skin should immediately feel soft and moisturized.