This past week it’s been really starting to feel like fall with the leaves changing color and the cooler weather! When I came back from the local apple orchard, I wanted to make a dessert that incorporated the fresh apples I picked, using a recipe that would be simple and quick to make. I thought I would try experimenting with making some gluten free apple cinnamon muffins and they came out amazing!
These muffins are not only gluten free, but also paleo friendly, dairy free, and made with coconut flour.
In the fall, I usually make mostly pumpkin desserts, but want to try something different this year. I considered making an apple pie, but since I didn’t have too much time this weekend, making these gluten free apple cinnamon muffins worked out even better because they were so fast to make!
They took less than 10 minutes to put together and left my house smelling amazing from the fresh apples and cinnamon!
These gluten free apple cinnamon muffins are moist, fluffy, and so delicious! I gave a couple extras to a few friends who are not gluten free and I was really happy that they enjoyed them because usually they are hesitant to try gluten free foods. They even asked for the recipe!
How to Make these Gluten Free Apple Cinnamon Muffins:
- 2 apples
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 4 organic eggs
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1. Mix all the ingredients except the apples and cinnamon in a large bowl.
2. Set the mixture aside. Then cut the apples into small pieces. I cut mine into about 1/2 inch pieces.
3. Then take about a tablespoon of cinnamon and mix it in with the apple pieces, until they are all covered in it.
4. Prepare your muffin tins or you can use paper muffin cups like I did. Take about a tablespoon of batter and put it at the bottom of the muffin cup.
5. Then add some of the cinnamon covered apple pieces to make a layer of it in the muffin.
6. Next add more batter on top of the layer of apple pieces.
(You can repeat these 2 last steps depending on how many layers of the cinnamon apple pieces you want. I did just one larger layer in the middle of the muffin.
7. Sprinkle some extra cinnamon on top of the muffin. I just used my fingers to sprinkle it on.
8. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes depending on how large you make the muffins.
For me, this gluten free apple cinnamon muffins recipe makes 4 large oversized muffins and would probably make about 8 average size muffins.