These paleo banana muffins are made from coconut flour and are gluten free, dairy free, and low carb! They also don’t contain any refined sugar, which makes them a healthy treat. That’s why I usually eat one of these paleo banana muffins on my way to work because they’re a healthy treat and filling.
I had such a great response to my recent recipe for paleo blueberry muffins, that I wanted to share this variation of the recipe with you!
I have to confess, this delicious recipe came about due to recipe mistake. A few weeks ago, after starting to mix the batter for a big batch of blueberry muffins, I realized I only had enough blueberries for half of the muffins. So, instead of running out to the store to get more, I threw in a banana and hadn’t planned on it turning out well. To my surprise, they came out amazing! These muffins didn’t even last one day, everyone had gobbled them up!
These paleo banana muffins are soo delicious, they are fluffy, moist and just the right texture.
Add Extra Flavor with Chocolate Chips and/or Nuts
If you’re looking to get more flaxseeds (Omega-3’s) in your diet, you can add a couple of tablespoons to this recipe or just sprinkle them on top of the muffins after your put them in the pan. Also, if you like nuts, you could add a handful of crushed nuts to these paleo banana muffins. For those who aren’t allergic to nuts in my family, I will add in some crushed walnuts. Yum!
You could also add in chocolate chips. Something about banana muffins and chocolate chips.. I love the taste of banana and chocolate together! I use these dairy free chocolate chips.
To add chocolate chips or nuts, just add about 1/4 cup of chocolate chips or nuts to the batter and stir.
Paleo Banana Muffins Recipe
- 2/3 cup of Coconut Flour
- 4 tablespoons of Coconut Oil
- 6 Organic Eggs
- 2 bananas mashed
- 3 tablespoons Raw Honey or Stevia (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Optional: 1/4 cup nuts or chocolate chips
- Combine all wet ingredients into a large bowl
- Combine all dry ingredients in a separate bowl
- Mix together wet and dry ingredients
- Mash the banana and add it to mixture
- *optional – add flaxseeds/nuts/chocolate chips to the mixture or sprinkle on top of muffins
- Pour the batter into muffin pans. I line the muffin pan with these unbleached and chlorine free muffin cups.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes or until lightly browned.
*This recipe makes 6 large muffins or 8 to 10 small muffins. Baking time may vary a little depending on size of muffins.