There are so many amazing uses for apple cider vinegar. I always keep a bottle in my kitchen and bathroom! I use apple cider vinegar for my acne, as a hair conditioner, and even for cleaning around the house.
Apple cider vinegar is one of my must haves in my kitchen! I use it both internally and topically because it has so many benefits and uses! I started using apple cider vinegar (ACV) about 5 years ago when I read the great reviews online about how it helps clear skin. Now I always keep a bottle of it in the house!
I love all of the uses for apple cider vinegar! I use it to help keep my skin clear and my hair shiny! For my skin, I drink a teaspoon of ACV in a glass of water before meals every day. I really noticed a difference since I have been using it! For my hair, I apply it as a conditioner and put a few tablespoons of ACV in my hair (see #15 below). It’s great because my hair comes out soft and shiny! But, there are so many other ways to use it! I even use ACV as an ‘all purpose’ cleaner around the house. I use it every day for applying it to my skin, adding a teaspoon to a glass of water and drinking it before meals, putting it on my hair to use it as a conditioner, and even use it as an all purpose cleaner around the house!
What is Apple Cider Vinegar?
Apple cider vinegar is made from crushing aged apples. It is fermented and contains ‘good’ bacteria. Apple cider vinegar also contains a high amount of beneficial minerals, vitamins and amino acids, including magnesium, potassium, and additional enzymes. The combination of beneficial bacteria, vitamins, and minerals make apple cider vinegar a powerful healing remedy!
It has been used for thousands of years as a natural remedy to treat many common aliments!
Why You Need to Buy a Certain Kind of Apple Cider Vinegar:
Not all apple cider vinegar is the same!
When you’re looking to get apple cider vinegar, make sure you buy one that is labeled as organic, raw, unfiltered and also contains ‘the mother’. This is the one I use and the best I’ve found so far.
Apple cider vinegar that contains ‘the mother’ contains the most nutrients and beneficial enzymes. The ‘mother’ refers to the living enzymes and good bacteria that you can see evidenced by the cloudy sediment that settles on the bottom of the glass jar. If you want to get all the benefits of these uses for apple cider vinegar, be sure to get one that contains ‘the mother’.
15 Amazing Uses for Apple Cider Vinegar
1. Improves digestion
– It is most commonly used to treat all kinds of digestive issues. It aids in digestion as the vinegar naturally increases your stomach acid which helps you digest your food and absorb all the nutrients in the food! Just add a tablespoon to your water and drink it before your meals.
2. Improves Acne and Your Complexion
– To improve your skin with it and get the best results, I would use it both topically and internally! Since it contains beneficial bacteria and enzymes, and is gut healing, you should take it internally daily. This is one of my favorite uses for apple cider vinegar because it helps treat acne from the inside getting to the cause. Acne has been connected to the gut and worsened when there are problems in the gut, such as leaky gut.
Add a tablespoon of it to a glass of water and drink it 10 minutes before each meal. Also, add it whenever possible to your diet, such as in your salad dressing. To use it topically, I mix apple cider vinegar with water 50/50 and use a cotton ball to apply it to my face once a day. It’s antibacterial properties help fight and prevent breakouts.
3. Use it as an ‘All Purpose’ Cleaner
– It’s antibacterial and antimicrobial properties make it the perfect natural cleaner for just about all surfaces in your house! I mix about 1 cup of apple cider vinegar with 1 cup of water, and then add a few drops of an essential oil, such as lemon essential oil.
I’ve been reading about all the different cleaning uses for apple cider vinegar and discovered there are so many! You can clean use it to clean everything from your computer keyboard to your bathroom.
4. Helps with Weight Loss
– Many have seen great results in weight loss from adding apple cider vinegar to their regime. There have only been a few studies in the use of it to aid in weight loss and they have supporting results. One study from Japan, found that those who consumed the vinegar had a lower BMI and waist circumference.
My boyfriend always tells that he is so glad I researched the uses of apple cider vinegar because he tried it to lose weight after reading my post. In 6 months he lost 30 pounds using it!
5. Cures Acid Reflux and Heartburn
– Have you heard that acid reflux is the result of having too much acid? Actually the opposite is true! Those that have acid reflux, do not have enough stomach acid. The vinegar naturally increases the production of stomach acid (as does sea salt!), which relieves symptoms of acid reflux.
6. Gets Rid of Dandruff
– Use it as a hair rinse to get rid of dandruff! It helps to balance the pH of your scalp and removes the build up of products. I do this every time after I wash my hair and it has kept dandruff away.
7. Detox Your Body
– It’s an excellent way to detox your body! The vinegar helps your liver and aids in lymphatic drainage. You can use it externally or internally to help detox. I like to add a cup to my bath for a detoxifying, relaxing bath.
8. Use it as Deodorant
– I have to admit, I haven’t tried this yet, but many say that rubbing just a little under your arms works great and neutralizes odor. Update: I’ve been using ACV as a deodorant for the past several months and it has really worked great!
9. Treat a Cold and Clear Sinuses
– The immune boosting properties help prevent colds or if you already have one, it can help shorten the duration. The nutrients also help sinus drainage and break up mucous.
10. Whitens Your Teeth
– Vinegar is a great natural way to make your teeth whiter. It helps remove stains and leaves your teeth whiter. I would only do this once or twice a week though as it can be harsh on enamel if you do it daily. Just mix 1/2 teaspoon water with 1/2 teaspoon vinegar and swish.
11. Treat Candida
– Studies have found apple cider vinegar to be effective at killing yeast in the body. When I was treating candida and went on the candida diet, I took a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water and drank it before each meal (I still do this now for the added health benefits). To fight yeast infections, you can also add a cup or two to your bath and soak for at least 30 minutes.
12. Relieve Itch from Bug Bites
– I’ve used it many times this summer to treat itchy mosquito bites and it really helped! Just make a mixture of half vinegar and half water, and apply to skin. Reapply as needed.
13. Kills Skin Fungus and Eliminates Warts
– The antiviral and antibacterial properties help fight fungal infections and even can get rid of warts! Just apply topically to skin area 3 times a day to treat fungal skin infections. My brother used it to treat a small wart on his hand and it really worked – the wart disappeared in 3 to 4 weeks. He soaked a cotton ball in the vinegar, applied it directly to the wart and covered it with a band aid, replacing it with a new cotton ball and band aid 3 times a day. It then turned into a scab and fell off in a few weeks!
14. Great Facial Toner
– When you apply it to your skin, it restores your skin’s natural pH. Because of all the products, soaps and makeup we often apply, the pH level of our skin is often not balanced and this can cause skin to be too oily and clog pores. Just mix with half water and apply daily.
15. Excellent Hair Conditioner and Helps Increase Hair Volume
– You can replace your toxic conditioner with vinegar! This another one of the best uses for apple cider vinegar! I take about 3 tablespoons of the vinegar in a cup and add roughly ¼ cup of water to it, then pour it over my hair after I shampoo. It instantly softens my hair and leaves it shiny and less tangled. After applying it, my hair always looks like it has more volume too!